10.05.2010

MY STYLE: TRANSITIONAL

I have just recently found what style suits me best.  All through school it went from contemporary to modern and then back to contemporary.  While I was on my internship I found that I like "modern rustic" much better than what I thought.  Now that I'm out of school and buying things for my own home I've found that my style is transitional.  Not many people have probably heard of this style, I know I hadn't until about sophomore year at school.  Actually my junior year we had some designers come and judge our portfolios and give us some advice on how to make them better.  Almost every single one of those judges said my designs and renderings looked transitional.  So, you ask, what does transitional mean?  The transitional look bridges contemporary and traditional design. Offering a deep rooted sense of history in some pieces, while furniture often gets an update with cleaner lines. Leather ottomans used as coffee tables is very popular in this decor.  I love the look of clean lines of the contemporary style but also love the warmness and coziness that the traditional style brings.  I have posted a few pictures that I love that are transitional.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kirk and Dynelle said...

I must be transitional too because I love every picture you posted. I wish you would come help me decorate my house!