2.12.2012

Wedding Invitations

Tyson's sister is getting married next month and his mom, sister, and sisters-in-law are doing a wedding shower for her, so I offered to do the shower invitations.  I really wanted to try out my new silhouette and this would be a great opportunity to do that. We purchased the paper, twine, brads and got to work.  First I switched out the blade for a pen and had the cameo draw all the words (later we realized that wasn't the best idea, it took a long time to finish).  Then we cut out the leaf pattern on each invitation.  The flower in each of them had three cutouts, I think they turned out super cute.  Take a look at the finished invitation.  Tyson realized after most of the invitations had been put together and sealed in the envelopes that we forgot to put the date.  How could we have forgotten that right?!!!  I was freaking out, I had ruined the invitations.  I didn't know what to do, we couldn't redo all of them, I'd worked on them all week!  Tyson said we could use an address label and stick on the back of the envelope.  So, that's what we did...
Here are the flower detatils...

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Awesome! Love them! You're so crafty! I wish you lived closer so we could be crafty together.

Karlyn said...

Super Cute. Its awesome that Tyson helps you with it too.

Alison said...

Thanks both of you. Jamie, we will have to get together sometime and do some fun crafts together!