7.01.2012

Nursery Ideas

I have been soooo stressed about the nursery the last month or so, just ask Tyson (:.  I think I've got it almost figured out exactly what I'm going to do in there.  We've (I've) picked the colors for the room, yellow and gray.  The paint color that we have picked is Sterling from Behr.  This week we plan on painting, hopefully it will happen.  We’ve got a few more things that need to be cleaned out in there and wipe all the walls and baseboards down.  I haven’t decided on the fabric just yet, I’ve looked everywhere in Logan, and haven’t found anything I love.  There is this fabric store that does have some really good choices though, so I may go there.  I’ve added a picture of what I want the ruffle skirt to look like, just different fabric.  I found a chair I love, it’s the Eames Rocking Chair, it is close to $600,and there’s no way that I could afford it.  I did find another on Overstock.com that is only $120, so much more reasonable.  I didn’t know if I wanted to trust overstock so I found another website that sells modern furniture and I found it at Rex Kelly Mid Century Classics, this one is only $150.  I read reviews on it, they all said that it’s a pretty uncomfortable chair and that it is very small, almost a childs chair.  I’d heard of an Overstock Outlet store in SLC so we went and checked it out and I found a knockoff of the Eames Side Chair, that is similar, it jus doesn’t rock.  I felt it and sat in it, and didn’t like it at all.  So, we decided that was definitely off our list.  Instead we are going to go with this Poang Rocking Chair.  There are a few options for colors on the cushion and the base, but we love it and it’s comfortable and contemporary enough for me.
BM-Sterling-300x300265571709246735514_DY7V39a8_bRocking Chairpoang-rocking-chair__0120493_PE277126_S4
On the largest wall in the nursery I’ve decided to buy a very large frame (if I can find one) and use just the frame and put either the baby’s name in it or a picture like the picture on the far left.  I don’t want too much going on in the room, so I’ll also use these wall flowers that I found at Bed Bath and Beyond.  The other wall is small and I’m planning on doing a couple of shelve with animals and pictures on them like the picture on the far right but instead of the mirror, I will use this felt flower on a fabric wrapped canvas I found on pinterest.
280067670547015341_nuVS8VYe_c (1)13911216569593P15621929927133610_N0P27bah_c167477679862750757_fbNeRpt8_c
In the corner of the wall I’m thinking of doing these Pom Poms I also found on Pinterest.  There’s another wall in the Nursery that has the closet and a built in dresser and shelves.  And I found this really cool idea again on Pinterest that you basically take clear glass jars and pour some paint in them and let it dry it is very cool.  I found an online store that sells really cheap glass jars or I’ll just get them from Hobby Lobby, they also have some pretty cheap ones.
16466354857142970_8SFG02Tc_c117164027776219757_om7ustwF_c203858320602281124_wjelmMCb_f155233518376318339_7Qj2rS9G_c
If anyone is interested I found a website that you can use as a space planner.  The The Make Room lets you put in the dimensions of your room and then you can put in furniture and other things.  I did that with the nursery because it is a very small room, only 8’ x 7’6”, you know what I’m talking about if you’ve seen it.  It’s only about big enough for a crib and a chair.  Luckily there is a built in dresser.  If anyone has any other ideas for my nursery, please let me know.  I would love to hear it.

No comments: